Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins

Thursday, December 10, 2009
Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.

I thought this one was really good, though nothing can compare to the first book in my opinion ;). I thought this book was more on the political side of things but there are still huge decisions that Katniss is being forced to make. She has to work out her feelings for Gale while trying to convince everyone that she and Peeta are in love. My heart goes out to her and I can't imagine having to go through everything she does between Hunger Games and Catching Fire.

The ending was a surprise to me but I'm not sure if I liked it. It'll be interesting to see what Suzanne Collins does in the third book, Mockingjay, which will be out in August of 2010! I still really enjoyed it and thought it was amazing.

****

0 comments:

Post a Comment