My Soul to Take - Rachel Vincent

Wednesday, January 27, 2010
She doesn't see dead people, but…

She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next…

This series was an unexpected gem for me. I wasn't sure how I was going to like it but I didn't want it to end by the time it did. I wasn't a huge fan of Kaylee but she grew on me. I did find this one to be a huge page turner, I didn't want to stop reading. There were some things I didn't like about the book, such as Rachel Vincent's preachy sort of attitude towards alcohol and how the female characters were kind of weak and the men were pretty influential.

I really like Nash, but I think I'm definitely team Tod so far ;) I need to read the next one!

****

0 comments:

Post a Comment