Shock Point - April Henry

Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Cassie discovers that her stepfather, Rick, a teen psychiatrist, has been illegally prescribing a new behavioral drug to his patients-and three teens have died. Before she can report him, Rick commits Cassie to Peaceful Cove, a boot camp for troubled teens in Mexico. Cassie knows she has to get out now, before more teens die. But no one has ever escaped from Peaceful Cove alive-and even if Cassie gets over the walls and survives the Mexican desert, will anyone believe her story?

Wow...what an interesting concept for a YA novel! It was an amazing read and was executed pretty well in my opinion. The book starts off with her kidnapping right away and it doesn't stop. The novel goes back and forth between Cassie figuring out what's going on with her stepfather and after she's been taken to the center. I found myself completely engrossed with Cassie's struggles that my mind couldn't think of anything else!

While reading I couldn't fathom what Cassie had to go through in the home, it was a gripping read and I found myself having a hard time putting it down. Definitely read this one if you're feeling down about your home life - you'll thank your lucky stars after you're done!

****

0 comments:

Post a Comment