The Soulstice - Simon Holt

Saturday, January 16, 2010
It's been six months since Reggie first discovered and fought against the Vours, malicious and demonic beings that inhabit human bodies on the eve of the Winter Solstice. The Vours still haunt Reggie, but only in her dreams-until one night, when an unexpected visitor turns her nightmares into reality.

I just adore this series! It's one of my favorites and have told everyone I can that they need to read it. I think this one could even surpass it's original (gasp). Simon Holt is a tremendous author and sucks you into his world of the Vours. I love his clever way of playing with a very lethal subject - fear and bringing to to absolute life. He takes the fears we all experienced as children and blows them up to this huge level that's so clever. His writing just flows and I found myself saying 'just one more page' over and over! The Soulstice is more about the Vours and the 'method to their maddness' and there's also many secrets I wasn't expecting. I can't wait for the next book to come out in Fall of 2010!

*****

0 comments:

Post a Comment