Living Dead Girl - Elizabeth Scott

Thursday, February 4, 2010
 Once upon a time I was a little girl who disappeared.
Once upon a time my name was not Alice.
Once upon a time I didn't know how lucky I was.

When Alice was ten, Ray took her away from her family, her friends -- her life. She learned to give up all power, to endure all pain. She waited for the nightmare to be over.

Now Alice is fifteen and Ray still has her, but he speaks more and more of her death. He does not know it is what she longs for. She does not know he has something more terrifying than death in mind for her.

This is Alice's story. It is one you have never heard, and one you will never, ever forget.

This book was a really hard one for me to get through because it was completely gut-wrenching, but I was also abused as a young girl. It brought up many memories but it made me glad I was one that came out okay. Elizabeth Scott is a genius and I can't believe I loved this book. Not because it was bad, but because it was about such a morbid and close to home topic.

Just a warning that this book is rough. I don't want to sheild anyone from this because I think it's important, but I thought to warn a reader that it is morbid and gave me nightmares for a couple days after I finished it.

*****

0 comments:

Post a Comment