Night Runner - Max Turner

Tuesday, February 16, 2010
For Zack Thomson, life in the Nicholls Ward wasn't so bad. After his parents died, he developed strange allergies, and the mental institution was the only place where he could be properly looked after. As strange as it was, it was home. But that all changes the night a stranger on a Harley crashes through the front doors and tells him to run. Along with his best friend Charlie and a girl he may or may not be falling in love with, Zack does just that: run. Under the cover of night, hiding amongst the shadows, he races for the truth.

Going into this book. I really didn't know what to expect. I believe this book is going to be one of those that you either really like or really hate. I thought I wouldn't like it but boy I was wrong. The story picks up right away and doesn't stop until you're finished with the novel and even then you're on the edge of your seat begging for more.

Many people I've looked through didn't like it but I really want to ask those of you to give it a try, especially you male readers out there. The suspense is awesome and you never know who exactly to trust and it keeps you guessing until the very end. One thing I really appreciated about this one was the ending; I rarely get surprised at endings but what a twist it was. I enjoyed this one and hope you put it on your to read list.

*****

0 comments:

Post a Comment