Captivate by Carrie Jones

Monday, April 5, 2010
Zara and her friends knew they hadn't solved the pixie problem for good. Far from it. The king's needs grow deeper every day he's stuck in captivity, while his control over his people gets weaker. It's made him vulnerable. And now there's a new king in town.

A turf war is imminent, since the new pixie king, Astley, is moving in quickly. Nick nearly killed him in the woods on day one, but Zara came to his rescue. Astley swears that he and Zara are destined to be together, that he's one of the good guys. Nick isn't buying it, though Zara isn't as sure -- despite herself, she wants to trust the new king. But it's a lot more than her relationship with Nick that is at stake. It's her life -- and his.

Captivate is the second book in the Need series by Carrie Jones and it was just as good as the first! Sometimes it can be difficult to find books where the sequel matches up to the first but this one was an exception! I never thought I'd like a book with pixies/fairies because I just don't care for them but Carrie Jones has grabbed me and won't let go!

I absolutely devoured this book because it was so good. I found Zara as a character to be slightly annoying sometimes, but overall I liked her. The ending took me by surprise but I thought it was a good ending and the perfect entrance into another book. The plot is original with amazing characters as well. I actually think I might be team Astley even if he might be bad ;) More please!

****

1 comments:

Swimmer said...

I liked this book to but I hated HATED the ending. It didn't really end!

Post a Comment