The Reckoning - Kelley Armstrong

Friday, May 7, 2010
Only two weeks ago, life was all too predictable. But that was before I saw my first ghost. Now, along with my supernatural friends Tori, Derek, and Simon, I’m on the run from the Edison Group, which genetically altered us as part of their sinister experiment. We’re hiding in a safe house that might not be as safe as it seems. We’ll be gone soon anyway, back to rescue those we’d left behind and to take out the Edison Group . . . or so we hope.

*sigh* I just adore this series. It has everything someone could want and more. I was excited about this book, but as I began reading I realized it was going to be better than my expectations. Kelley Armstrong completely surpassed the bar she set for herself and I love that about her writing.

I did feel that sometimes the whole threat of the Edison Group was empty, you didn't hear much about them until the end. I wasn't too much of a fan of the ending, minus the romantic couple I wanted to happen did. I didn't feel much closure in the series, but I think the author did that to give herself a break from writing? I'm not sure.

One thing I'm miffed about is the story between the main characters is over. The fourth book is called The Gathering and it's different characters in a new trilogy. I'm not a fan of that idea, since I really crave a bond with my characters and I feel like they're being taken away from me...especially Derek and Tori. I'm sure I'm going to enjoy the next book but I'm going to miss the original gang. Here's a snippet from Kelley about the fourth book:

"I've been calling the next book "Darkest Powers 4" because it's the same overall series. It's new characters, though, in a new trilogy. I do something similar with my adult books--one series with changing narrators. My publisher may decide to give it a new title, but until then, I'm calling it all the Darkest Powers series, with the 1st 3 being the Project Genesis trilogy and the next 3 being the Project Phoenix trilogy."

Overall, I still really enjoyed it and will just reread the other two books for my Derek fix. <3

*****

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

mhmmmm....
i cant deny that this was a very good but i didnt really like the ending to any of the 3 books!!!
i felt like the author was writing the story and she got bored of it and by the she was like you know what am bored of this so lets wrapp it up and get this over with... i think she couldve end the book better.

Post a Comment