Waiting on Wednesday (5/12/10)

Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Hey guys! Sorry about the lack of entries this past weekend/week. I've been battling a cold and found out today that my Mom has a UTI, blood infection, and she's in renal failure. They have her on three sets of antibiotics instead of two and giving her fluids but it's still a scary time for us. If we could have your prayers/thoughts/anything, we'd appreciate it! This week's WoW is...


Return to Paradise by Simone Elkeles
Maggie and Caleb just went through the worst year of their lives. Hit by a car and starting life over with a limp, Maggie never thought she would forgive Caleb. But she did-and fell in love. What they shared was real. But Caleb wanted to be free from the past-and a terrible secret: he wasn't the one who hit Maggie. So he left Paradise-and Maggie-forever.

When Maggie and Caleb run into each other in a different town, they can't deny their true feelings. Will Maggie let Caleb get away again? Or will Caleb face the truth and return to Paradise?  


Of course I had to put this one on my WoW! I loved the first one as well as PC, I just love the gritty way she writes and can't wait to hear about what happens next! I thought the ending od Leaving Paradise was SUCH a cliffhanger so I'm interested to see where she takes this one!
Released: September 1st, 2010

4 comments:

Alex Bennett from Electrifying Reviews said...

Your mom and family are in my thoughts! I am so sorry, but she will be fine. Don't worry, Laura.

Midnight Thief said...

I loved Leaving Paradise, but I thought that it was actually going to end where it did--such a horrible ending! I was so angry. But then I found out that there was going to be a sequel and I was so glad. Although, I must say, I hate this cover. It doesn't go with the most recent and most popular cover of Leaving Paradise at all. Grr. I hate it when publishers to do, I've been seeing it a lot and a lot more lately.

titancia said...

I'm addicted to Simone Elkeles' books. I was SO EXCITED when I found out there was a sequel! (And I was excited enough when I found out Rules of Attraction was a PC book...I didn't know that, I had just grabbed it at the bookstore because she was the author!)

You & your mom are in my prays as well. I hope she's able to get well quickly.

Kristax3 said...

So sorry about your mom. I'll keep her in my thougts. Hang in there(:

Post a Comment