If I Stay - Gayle Forman

Saturday, August 14, 2010
What? Laura actually has a book review for you? It's a regular four-months-away-from-Christmas miracle!

In a single moment, everything changes. Seventeen-year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she finds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck...

A sophisticated, layered, and heartachingly beautiful story about the power of family and friends, the choices we all make—and the ultimate choice Mia commands.

This book was intense, powerful, and beautiful. I enjoyed it so much and after my lack of reading for the past couple weeks, I'm so happy to be back in the swing of things. The way this author puts words is so elequent and real...I found myself feeling everything Mia felt. My heart broke for her family and for her friends, I could understand how torn she is in this decision, I would be too. I love novels that make me step back and think what I would do in that situation. I adored every single one of the characters. Seriously. Loved. Them. All.

One thing I am pissed about is people are comparing this to Twilight. What?! This book isn't even in the same league as Twilight. It's so, so, so much better. Not to mention the plot isn't even remotely like Twilight. It just made me giggle on the inside a bit.

Overall this book is beautiful, it made me cry, and it will make you think about your life and what you have done to affect others in your life. It shows how important family and friends are, and how the power of love can conquer pretty much anything. Absolutely gorgeous.

*****

5 comments:

brizmus said...

Yes, I must read this. Books that stress the importance of family and friends are wonderful. Thanks for the review!

Patricia said...

This book is amazing! I'm glad you loved it like I did :)

Joann said...

I will put this on my TBR list-thanks! I am a new follower!
jbdownie5@yahoo.com

Alex Bennett from Electrifying Reviews said...

My grandma's friend let me borrow this yesterday! I can't wait to read it!

Unknown said...

I'm reading this book right now and I'm loving it!

Post a Comment