Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

Friday, September 17, 2010
In Maggie Stiefvater’s Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past…and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack. And Isabel, who already lost her brother to the wolves…and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.

What is up with me and the no werewolf love? I don't know what it is about this series, but I just don't love it like I thought. I wanted to give Linger the ole one two try, but I couldn't get into it. Sam is still creepily obsessed with Grace and it's bothersome to me. The fact that Sam roams the house when Grace is gone is scary, not sweet in my opinion.

The two biggest problems I had with this one was the ending and the parents. Why did they suddenly not want Sam and Grace together? In Shiver, their relationship in the parent's eyes was all sunshine and rainbows! I think that wasn't a contribution to Grace's character and merely an angsty plot device. It didn't make any sense at all. I don't want to spoil the ending for anyone so I'll sum it up - 'lame' and 'WTF?!'

3/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment