Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce

Sunday, October 10, 2010
Scarlett March lives to hunt the Fenris-- the werewolves that took her eye when she was defending her sister Rosie from a brutal attack. Armed with a razor-sharp hatchet and blood-red cloak, Scarlett is an expert at luring and slaying the wolves. She's determined to protect other young girls from a grisly death, and her raging heart will not rest until every single wolf is dead.

Rosie March once felt her bond with her sister was unbreakable. Owing Scarlett her life, Rosie hunts fiercely alongside her. Now Rosie dreams of a life beyond the wolves and finds herself drawn to Silas, a young woodsman who is deadly with an ax-- but loving him means betraying her sister and has the potential to destroy all they've worked for.

Wow. What is there to say about this one but the obvious - I finished it in a half day. For some reason I was hesitant to start this novel, probably because As You Wish ranks so high on my favorite reads list that I didn't want Sisters Red to tarnish my love. I'll be the first to say that I was totally wrong!

I'm rediculously in love with this author, and now I'm proud to say that she is easily one of my top five favorites. She just knows how to weave a beautiful story and the creativity just blows my mind. Who can take the idea of Little Red Riding Hood and turn it into Sisters Red?! Only Jackson, I'm sure.

The writing was superb, and also in present tense which I find really difficult to do. The plot was fantastic and I totally kept reading because I had to know what happened next between Rosie, Silas, and Scarlett. Complete page turner and I adored every minute. Thank you Jackson!

*****

2 comments:

PEIWEIIIIIIIII said...

Hey Laura!
I'm from Singapore and I really love your website!
I get a lot of good book recommendations here!
Thanks and continue being awesome!

Love, Peiwei

Shantal said...

I've heard such great things about this. Thanks to your review I just know this will be a great read for me too! :)

Post a Comment