Beautiful - Amy Reed

Thursday, December 9, 2010
When Cassie moves from the tiny town where she has always lived to a suburb of Seattle, she is determined to leave her boring, good-girl existence behind. This is Cassie's chance to stop being invisible and become the kind of girl who's worth noticing.  
 
I really wanted to like this novel, I thought I would take away something from it, but I was left feeling a bit empty and unmoved. I felt as though the writing was nothing but a bunch of run-on sentences along with excessive use of the word 'and'.

I understand where Cassie is coming from, truly. I've been in her position (though I was older than thirteen) and it's horrible. Though I felt she was too out of control and was so ignorant of what she had. I wish it didn't have to take what happened for her to finally see the light.

The writing wasn't the greatest, I didn't feel the urge to read more at all. I could put the book down easily and wanted to finish it more out of obligation than actual interest. I thought the scenes were a bit graphic for a YA novel, I think the author was attempting to get gritty and raw emotions from the reader, but instead it came out sleazy.

2/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment